UVA CLAY CLUB
UVA CLAY CLUB Fall 2021 • In-Person Classes
All participants must have received their COVID vaccination before registering for in-person classes.
Join the fun at City Clay—join the UVA Clay Club!
These classes are for UVA students who want instruction and wheel time. As a six-week class students will learn the basics of throwing, trimming, and glazing. Students with wheel experience may work at their own pace on class or independent projects. This class comes with Open Studio access seven days a week. Students may elect to repeat this class.
Some tools are provided. Clay must be purchased in half or whole bags.
Gift Cards are valid for 1 year.
UVA CLAY CLUB FALL CLASSES
UVA CLAY CLUB WINTER CLASSES
Please read the studio policies before registering for a class.
- Supplies for classes can be purchased on the first day.
- Beginning students should buy the 630 White Stoneware, in whole or half bags. Others may choose from our full range of cone 6 clays, also in whole or half bags.
- The price of the clay includes two firings for every piece you want to keep plus the use of our dipping glazes.
- It is our policy that all clay and any commercial glazes you wish to use be purchased from us so we can protect our kilns by controlling what is fired in them.
- Students trying clay for the first time may use our studio tools or buy the beginner kit. We have a great assortment of tools in our shop for sale, but you are welcome to bring any that you have.
- Each class will receive a group email before the class begins with details about what to wear, where to park, and the like.
- All students have a shelf for storing their supplies and projects, and they have full membership privileges.
700 Harris St. #104
Charlottesville, VA 22902